Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Standing for Him

This morning I am driving to work and I'm praying and just asking God to really keep me focused on Him... I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I was walking by the windows at work and I look outside and it was incredibly beautiful.. The clouds were soo dark and yet the sun was still able to shine through them.. I was really dark and yet there was this orange glow that shone on the buildings.. And I'm thinking WOW! God this is soo beautiful.. And for awhile I kept pondering and thinking.. He created that, and how it means soo much more knowing that.. Also keeping HIm in mind I talked with an EMT student and we were talking about the ministry and how he was involved with the youth at his church.. Mean while there is another emt instructor sitting with us listening to us talk.. I was telling them about the NY trip and the camps in the summer and the retreats.. I also talked to them about my testimony.. which was awesome, i think i made the instructor think about how God can really change a person.. So anyway its been a test for me to talk about Christ and really put my Christianity out there at work.. and I have been, I am seeing growth in my spiritual walk..I am excited about it:) I am also excited to go and visit April and Philip this weekend!! Sorry that was a random side note but it had to be expressed.. Well i am off to bed..

4 comments:

Philip, April, and Malachi said...

Vickie, We are very excited to see you this weekend too!! I can't wait!! I am so proud of you for your stand for Christ at work. It is hard sometimes to stand alone. You are such an encouragement to me! -April

Nate said...

I'm excited for you to go visit Philip and April, too...but, I must confess that Philip is a bit overrated. Philip, if you're reading this, I meant to say that April is a bit overrated. April, if you're reading this, I meant to say that I'm a bit overrated.

Philip, April, and Malachi said...

Nate, Why do you have a picture of Skreech as your blog photo?? You are a bit overrated. :oP

Anonymous said...

hey i just wanted to say that Kristin says "what happened" now:)