Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Children

Recently, I moved to Trussville, Alabama, to work at a day camp for kids. It's a Christian-Judeo centered camp..Anyhow. I've worked now for One week and two days, It's been crazy and fun and exhausting...All of that put aside..It's the children that are amazing. I wrote a long journal about this last night and it's still on my mind, so bear with me.
I watch these kids, and they play and laugh, run, scream, cry, they are full of joy! Just from observation, children have this..natural drive..When I'm dragging at around 9am..They are just getting started, it's like, forget about having to get up at 6am, LETS GO!..They also hold a sacred piece of innocence.
That is what has been on my mind.
It's amazing as children how we see the world. I remember thinking my daddy was perfect! and my mom was a supermodel.. My grandma could do no wrong in the world and nothing went wrong in the world..Except when I didn't get my way. But when reality sets in, and we as children now have to think like adults is when we lose some sort of...."thing"...We realize daddy isn't perfect,mommy is mommy, grandma uses internet dating..Ya know it all comes out and it's not what you expected..As a child that is..
But isn't that life..It's not what we expect but God already expects and knows..
Back the children...
The kids at Hargis..They are soo great..My brothers and sister, they are even better..
I don't know where I was going with this...Alot of this is me recapping my childhood..and its me Jumbling it up in my head.. I just miss that innocence. But everything happens for a reason in Gods plan..Jumbling again..

No comments: