Saturday, March 14, 2009

Grandma

I'm writing right now, when I should be getting ready.. But I couldn't help to write.
Have you ever prayed 'Father, not yet.. Don't take them just yet.'
I guess that's what I've been feeling lately about my grandmother... I guess because she's had 2 surgeries in the past 6 months and her heart isn't as young as it used to be. And I miss being able to spend time with her... I know it was my choice to move to Birmingham, and I know this is where the Lord has put me, but I still miss the closeness of my family.
This is not a new feeling.. It's been more prominent here recently with my grandmothers surgery... I don't know what the Lords plan is for her life or when he'll take her home...I just pray that he'll let me be there with her up until He calls her home..
She's not deathly ill, she's just getting older and it makes me sad. And that is totally a part of life and yet with her I'm having a hard time coming to terms with that..ha. It's like I want her life to freeze for a little while until I'm her age and we can grow old and die together.. haha..
I know it's selfish against the plan of God... I just want to be prepared when the time comes.
Ahh. Anywho.. I'm rambling on and on..
I'm going to stay with her for a few days. Maybe play some Phase 10, Racko.. The usual =) I'm excited.

No comments: