Sunday, September 16, 2007

Good Morning

Well.. I woke up sort of early this morning..Ohh maybe around 6:08 ish, somewhere around there. But, I got up and I went outside with my bible and journal in hand..Sat in the swing chair ..and it was a slight bit chilly out so I brought a blanket..I sort of had a date with the Lord..Anyhow, it was so beautiful. I watched the sunrise through the trees..sigh.. It was so beautiful.. But I read, I spent some time with the Lord and I went back and read Genesis 45-47..Just re-reading about Joseph.. Pretty good stuff. After I was finished reading, I couldn't stop thinking about how beautiful it was outside..So I just sat in the chair for a while and decided I would get my camera and take some pictures.. I really enjoyed it and I got to spend some more time with the Lord while doing so.. It's like I missed him and haven't talked with him in a while..Like visiting with a friend that I hadn't seen in a while.....While surely that wasn't the case.. But it made me see how much I need him, and need to want him more. =) My heart is filled with a peace.. I thank my Lord for such times as these..I need to be with him more throughout my day.. So...as for my random thoughts and feelings... just know that it was a good morning..

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

When I spent the summer in Ocean City, NJ on project with Crusade we would have "Date nights" with Jesus. They would give us a bag dinner and we'd take our Bible and go spend the evening with HIM. I would go to the Park or the Beach. Those times were so special. I don't know why I don't make a point to do things like that more often. Your blog reminded me of that. Love and miss you!